Thursday, February 24, 2011

3.5miles + captive pictures

I did my 3.5mile run today! It went really well. It went a lot faster than I excepted. I mean - I've run 3.5miles tons of times before, but it went by really fast today.

So, Saturday...I'll run 4.5miles. :) Trying to take small steps towards a 10k again so that I can run on April 1 with no problem!

In other news....
I was hoping to post some pictures of the skirt I made (the first one...the one that makes my hips look wide lol), but for some reason, I can't get my laptop to read my camera card. I usually just pop it in my laptop, and it'll read just fine, but it isn't doing anything tonight. Very odd!! So, I'll see what I can do about that (maybe open it on my tiny laptop to see if it'll work there) and get the pictures up soon!! I was also hoping to list some of my items on etsy to sale, but the pictures are being help captive on my card. bah!

Have a happy Friday tomorrow!! :) We always do "Fun Friday" activities in my classroom (basically, we extend our learning from the week with complete hands on activities each Friday). Tomorrow, we'll be making a teeth model thing using tooth picks and mini-marshmallows (among other things...). It should be fun, and I'm sure I'll have a few pictures to share.....that's if my laptop starts to cooperate with my card.

----------
Update only about 10 minutes later:

So, I restarted my laptop, and now my card is responding fine - weird!

Here's the skirt I made!! I call it my "hippy skirt" since it makes my hips a tad wider. You can't really tell in this picture thought since my hands are on my hips. Oh well.

I haven't decided if I'll actually wear it or if I'll cut it up to use the fabric to make something else. I think the skirt would be better if I had used a cotton fabric instead of a heavier weight fabric - I just thought this fabric would make a pretty skirt, so I used it. :)

Hopefully I'll have pictures of my other skirt soon!!


350

1 comment:

  1. You did a nice job on the skirt and I think it looks cute, especially if you wear it in the dining room!

    ReplyDelete