Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I got my rear in gear!

Last Saturday was the best run I've had since I started back this year. It was also the third time I've run the Get Your Rear in Gear 5k race, which benefits colon cancer. It's always fun.

(Before the race, with my pink tutu!)

A parent at the school where I teach always gets a group together to run it. We're called The Wise Cracks (get it? Since it's for colon cancer!) We get shirts each year, and there's always this little dude on it with his bare bottom. It's cute, but I prefer not to run around with bare bottoms on my shirt, so I put a tutu on him. That's the pink thing on my shirt.

(After I finished, with major sun in my eyes.)

I ran the race in 31 minutes and 33 seconds. That's my best time since starting back this year.

This is one of my favorite runs because they end it with a complete downhill sprint, which I love! I always try to sprint the end, and the downhill definitely helps with that!!

Until next year!



1479

No comments:

Post a Comment