Sunday, March 25, 2012

52 in 52 ... There's an app for that!

Well, it isn't exactly an app specifically for my 52 in 52 challenge, however I have found an app that I LOVE to help me!


Flashcardlet is a great app that allows you to create your own flashcards or use flashcards they already have preset.

Before I used Flashcardlet, I used index cards to create a flashcard for each week's scripture. This was great, and I loved flipping through them as I blow dried my hair each morning. What I had trouble with was when I wasn't at home blow drying my hair, yet I still wanted to study the verses. So, I went on a hunt.

I downloaded another app that was basically the same thing, but I wasn't too keen on it for some reason. Now, thinking back on it, I'm not even sure what I didn't like about it. I had downloaded both Flashcardlet and this other app at the same time, hoping to find something I liked. And Flashcardlet was it!


Now, all of my 52 in 52 verses from the past 12 weeks are stored away in my 52 in 52 deck. You can specify what you want on the front and back of each card.


So when I want to study my 52 in 52 verses while I'm waiting in line at the grocery store, I can just pull out my iPhone and flip through the cards on Flashcardlet.


And it doesn't matter how long the passage is - Flashcardlet automatically adds however many lines you need to that flashcard to fit everything in.

There are also some additional features that I enjoy as well. If I've been studying the cards for awhile, and I want to mix the order up some because I've repeated it several times, you can choose a "shuffle" option that allows you to continue studying, it just (as it says...) shuffles the cards for you!

You can "star" a card by pressing the star in the lower right corner (seen in the picture above). Then, you can study only the cards that are stared, or you can study the cards that are not starred. i.e. If I'm positive that I have a particular scripture down and can completely quote it whenever, then I can star that card. That way, if I only want to study the tough cards, I can go with the unstarred cards for that study session.


Have you accepted the 52 in 52 challenge this year? You should give Flashcardlet a try! You'll like it, I'm sure. :)

(PS - I didn't get paid to say anything in this post. I just really enjoy this app, so I thought I'd share why!)






1799

No comments:

Post a Comment