Thursday, March 17, 2011

sprints vs distance

Kickball. Tons of fun, right? Definitely!

Our school formed a team of teachers to battle another school's team of teachers in a game of kickball.

We're such tough competitors, aren't we? Be afraid...be very afraid!
(Yes, the tutu made an appearance!)

We had an absolute BLAST! There were tons of laughs, a few confusing moments, and hopefully we were able to raise some funds through concessions for our schools. Our school didn't win (sad!), but that's alright. I hear there will be a rematch next year (hopefully), and we're supposed to actually strategize and practice maybe once. ...we'll see!

So, that's the background to my post. Now for my point. :)

I can go out and run 5miles, no problem. I actually enjoy it, oddly enough (a year and a half ago, I would have laughed in your face if you told me to run 5miles). So, I should be fine running around some silly bases, right? HA! Good gravy, my thighs are STILL bothering me! I didn't realize sprints worked a completely different sets of muscles than distance running. But, now I do!!

Speaking of running, which I speak of often, I haven't run since last week. This week has been rough with my grandpa's funeral, and then some things at work (prayers appreciated!), so I haven't gotten out for a run at all this week. We're furloughed tomorrow though, so I'm hoping to get out for a run while I'm off.

And one more thing. If you haven't watched the new show Coming Home, you should definitely check it out! Just have some tissues handy. :)



543

No comments:

Post a Comment