Monday, February 13, 2012

existing (52 in 52 wk 7)

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I life by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Have you ever had a thought, an epiphany so great that it just made you stop dead in your tracks and think? Like, really and truly like about its meaning. And then when you go to explain this epiphany to someone, you have a hard time putting into words what your heart and mind were just conceiving to be absolute truth?

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling right now. I'm having a hard time coming up with the words to explain this great revelation I've had. When I looked at this verse to be my 52 in 52 for week 7 (this week), I was stilled by a note I had jotted down.

In my Bible, I have written in the margins beside this verse, "live = exist!!!" (Yes, there are three exclamation points in there too. :) So, let's look at it with the word "exist" instead of "live" ...

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer exist, but Christ exists in me. The life I live in the body, I life by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Dwell on that for a moment or two.

I no longer exist. Christ exists in me.

No wonder I had three exclamation points there! That's a mind blowing concept. When I think about my day to day life, is Christ truly existing in my life? Am I allowing Him the freedom to live through me?

I'm coming up short with ways to explain what this verse means to me. However, when I've been working on this verse yesterday and today, I can't get the word exist out of my mind. It seems so much more grand than live. I don't know why, but it does.

If I find that I've come up with better words for my thoughts, I'll share them with you. I'm sure you'll be anxiously awaiting another post! ;)

--------

In other, totally unrelated news, I ran 2.5 miles today. Well, it was actually 2.65 miles, but we don't have to be that technical, right? ;) I'm just proud that I was able to get through it with little troubles! I had a few "Oh gravy! There goes my knee!" moments, but I think they're mainly due to me figuring out my form again.

Tomorrow is a 1.5 mile run. Gotta keep myself moving!! :) I'm signed up for the Get Your Rear in Gear 5k on March 10th, and I'm also running the Cooper River Bridge Run again this year on the 31st! Yay!! It feels great to be at it again. I've missed it.

Happy Monday, my friends.



1180

No comments:

Post a Comment