Sunday, June 6, 2010

Running for Ronald

There is a Ronald McDonald House opening in Charlotte, NC, soon. To help raise money for the house, they did a 5k run at a local park. Several teachers at work are pretty passionate about these houses, so they put together a team to run (or walk) the race, and off we went! There were 7 of us - 5 of us ran, and 2 (that were pushing precious cargo in strollers) walked. It was a great race!!

We ran a cross country sort of course - through the woods (on a trail, of course), up a huge killer hill, around a lake, past the finish line, around the lake again after more woods, and then finally through the finish line. Confused yet? Well, it was a bit confusing actually! So much so that after I crossed the finish line, one of the teachers came up to me and said she didn't think she really finished it. Woops!! She accidentally ran straight through the finish instead of looping around the lake to finish off the 5km (which was actually about 5.5km, I think). So, off we went! I finished it with her, and it felt great! She did a marvelous job, as did the other teachers that were there running and walking it!! Great job, ladies! :D

Here are a couple pictures from the run:

Ronald was a really nice guy!! He called himself my husband as we were doing our group picture (see below)...but I'm not too sure about that.

I should have cropped this one, but I'm a little lazy tonight! These are the teachers that ran the race today. They all did a great job!!! I think they've all (except one maybe?) just recently started running, which they're totally rocking!

I haven't done that great of a job of keeping my blog updated. I hope to get better at this pronto! Happy running, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment