Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Half Training W1D2

Today had a 5mi run on the schedule, so off I went around 10:00 this morning to get it checked off my list.

Ugg. I gave up after mile 4. It was so extremely hot, even at just 10:00, that I couldn't go any further. I even stopped my Nike+ workout, walked towards my car some, and decided that I was ridiculous and just needed to finish the 5mi workout I had planned. So, I started my Nike+ on a 1mi workout, went about a tenth of the mile, and stopped running again. I felt like a complete failure, but I just couldn't do it. It was so extremely hot.

Moral of the story? I mean, I have to learn something from this, right? I'll definitely be out of the house and running by 9:00 from now on. I can't handle running in that extreme heat!

Tomorrow and Friday are both rest days, but Saturday holds my long run. This week's long run is 6mi. I'll be heading out for that around 8:30 or 9:00 hopefully. I'll let you know how that goes.


Happy running!
171

1 comment:

  1. I will be happy to get you up at 6:00 and you can run then :). I am so proud of you, keep it up.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete