Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm a wimp - W1D1 of pace training

Yes...I am a wimp - I admit it!

It was so hot and humid today, that I only did just under 15 minutes of a run, but that's alright. It was my first day of working on my pace, and it actually went really well...beside wondering if my sprint pace was any faster than my run pace. lol I used Ullrey's podcast to help me know when to run and then when to sprint so I wouldn't have to keep track with my phone. I didn't do the whole run that Ullrey had planned - I did about half of it. When I was looking up tempo training plans, the one I decided on (and am half way using) has you do four run/sprint intervals, so that's what I did today. Next time, though, I think I'll shoot for the whole workout instead of just half.

Here are the details from my run:
Time: 14min 56sec
Distance: 1.58mi
Average Pace: 9:25/mi

Yes, folks...that's 9min 25sec per mile! That's a pretty good average pace for me! I hope to see it improve as I continue my pace training!! I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy running! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment