Thursday, May 19, 2011

also

This was shared at a blog I love to read...

The Also Principle: An attitude about everyday life that says, "I will do more than what is expected of me because I am working for the Lord."

In Genesis 24, Abraham sends his servant out to find a bride for his son, Isaac. The servant and his team of camels begin their journey and arrive at the town of Nahor when the women are out to draw water. The servant asks God to cause the right woman for Isaac to answer his request for water with, "Drink and I'll water your camels also."

Why? Because the kind of woman who would be willing to draw 50 gallons of water for 10 camels in addition to what her family needed, would be a woman with character: responsible, serving, industrious, courteous, willing to share, charitable to strangers, etc.

There is nothing special about doing only what is expected of you, or thinking, "That's good enough. It's not my responsibility anyway." Instead, make it a practice to go beyond what is expected without desiring praise from people.
--From Devi Titus' book The Home Experience


Wow! What a challenge!! What do you need to do -- also?


717

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Hopefully you get this comment. You won the zippers from The Zipper Store on my blog, so contact me so that I can get you in touch with Guiseppe!

    ReplyDelete