Thursday, April 29, 2010

short 2 mile run?

When did I ever believe that running 2 miles would be considered a "short" run? When did I ever believe that I would actually go on a run? lol Well today, I went on a 2 mile run, and it felt great. I've been debating my "next step" as a runner lately. I was set on training for a half marathon (13miles, I think), but when I was looking at dates for half marathons in my area, I couldn't find any that were around the time that my training would finish up. So, I've postponed that a bit for now. bah

However!! I did find one on September 18th, which is only 2 days before my 25th birthday. I figured it'd be a fun way to celebrate the big 2-5. Only problem is that it's an hour and a half away, so I'd have to get a hotel room for that Friday night probably. So, that's an option. If I do this one, my training will begin in about a month probably. There's also one in December that's in Charlotte, which would be perfect - it's just so far from now! So...I'm still debating which to do. We'll see!!

For now, I decided to play around with some tempo training to work on my pace. That was going to be my goal today, but it was so bright outside that I couldn't see the stopwatch on my phone very well. Sooo..I started thinking about what I could do to help with knowing when to run and when to sprint, and I came up with an idea! When I started C25K, I used Robert Ullrey's Podcast, which I highly recommend for anyone just starting out as he tells you when to walk and when to run (so that you do the intervals). I wasn't sure about his choice of music at first, but I got used to it and enjoyed it.

So, my idea is to use his podcasts again to help me know when to run and when to sprint, and I'll just go through the C25K program, but with a bit of an Ellen-twist to it. I'm not sure how far into the program I'll go this time, but I think it'll be interesting to see how it works for me!! I'll let you know. :)

Now - to find out how I can get the podcasts to play while I use my Nike+. This will be my task tonight, I do believe! Happy running, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment